2015 Product Warranty
FTC Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act is the Federal law that governs consumer product warranties. Passed by Congress in 1975, the Act requires manufacturers and sellers of consumer products to provide consumers with detailed information about warranty coverage. In addition, it affects both the rights of consumers and the obligations of warrantors under written warranties. Congress wanted to ensure that consumers could get complete information about warranty terms and conditions. By providing consumers with a way of learning what warranty coverage is offered on a product before they buy, the Act gives consumers a way to know what to expect if something goes wrong, and thus helps to increase customer satisfaction.
Life Time Warranties Deceive: The minimum duration for a Life Time warranty in California is three (3) years. California is the only State to set a minimum period for the term "Life Time".
The products covered by this warranty are your property. Upon expiration of the specific limited warranties provided herein, repair of the equipment will be the buyer's responsibility. Charges apply for warranties provided herein, repair of the equipment will be the buyer's responsibility. Charges apply for any repairs not covered by this Limited Warranty. These product warranties apply from the date of installation, except that no product warranty will be in force if purchaser shall have failed to pay the entire contracted purchase price, strictly according to the terms of the contract between the parties. This warranty protects the original purchaser, registration is not required.
Your awnings or screens have been designed and manufactured to provide a high level of trouble free performance. Accent Awning Company believes in the experienced craftsmanship that goes into every one of its sun control products and is pleased to offer this Warranty. We suggest that you read it thoroughly. Should you have any questions, please contact the Accent Service Department. Warranty claims do not extend the warranty term.
Product Category And How Long It Is Covered
|Fabric & Thread||Crank/Motors||Electronics||Arms||Extrusions||Labor|
|Elite Retractable Awnings||10 yr.||5 yr.||5 yr.||20 yr.||10 yr.||5 yr.|
|Uni-Lux Retractable Awnings||10 yr.||5 yr.||5 yr.||7 yr.||10 yr.||5 yr.|
|Econo-Lux Retractable Awnings||5 yr.||5 yr.||5 yr.||5 yr.||5 yr.||5 yr.|
|Retractable Window Awnings||10 yr.||5 yr.||5 yr.||5 yr.||10 yr.||5 yr.|
|Fixed Awnings||10 yr.||N/A||N/A||N/A||10 yr.||5 yr.|
|Drop Shade Systems||10 yr.||5 yr.||5 yr.||N/A||10 yr.||5 yr.|
|Fire Rated Awning Fabric||5 yr.|
What is Covered
The product warranty covers all defects in materials during the warranty period (specified above, except as otherwise limited herein). Factory workmanship is warranted during the warranty period if the product is returned to the factory. In the event products must be repaired or retrieved in the field, and the product is within our direct field service area, the field labor will be provided free of charge for a period of two years from date of purchase. If the product is returned to the factory for repair within the warranty period it must be sent transportation prepaid. Accent will fix the equipment or parts, or replace them, at its option. If we choose to replace the equipment or parts we may replace it with reconditioned or equivalent items similar in type and quality. Sunbrella acrylic fabrics are warranted against excessive fading, mildew or rot. Other fabrics carry the express written warranties of their manufacturer.
Warranty Change History: January 1st 2006 the thread warranty upgraded from 2-years to 5-years., January 1st 2009, Sunbrella® awning grade fabric is offered with a 10-year limited pro-rated warranty; pro-rated in the last 2 years. In., January 1st 2009 thread upgraded to 10-year pro-rated in the last 2 yrs. January 1st 2014 Dickson Fabric carries a 8-year Pro-Rated warranty, January 1st 2015 5-year limited Labor Warranty for orders sold in 2015
What is Not Covered
- Damage caused by accident, negligence, water pooling, misuse, abuse, alteration, failure to follow instructions, improper operation, civil disorder, windstorm, rainstorm, fire, flood, earthquakes, and other acts of God, or failure to provide a reasonable degree of maintenance, or any other condition over which Accent has no control
- Field Labor for repairs caused by accident, negligence, water pooling, misuse, abuse, alteration, failure to follow instructions, improper operation, civil disorder, windstorm, rainstorm, fire, flood, earthquakes, and other acts of God, or failure to provide a reasonable degree of maintenance, or any other condition over which Accent has no control
- Damage resulting from repair or attempted repair by someone other than an authorized service representative
- Holes in the fabric caused by mildew. (Mildew may form on the fabric if it is not maintained in a clean condition)
- Minor color changes in the fabric due to ultraviolet rays.
- The cost of loss of time, loss of use, or any consequential or incidental damages, or outside labor
- Damage / deterioration to any fabric or valance caused by its contact or rubbing against other materials or objects
- Labor costs and or transportation costs are not covered outside of Accent's direct service area within the warranty period
- Field Labor required on self-installed products
What is Limited
- Valance & Binding are subject to fraying as the result of interaction with their environment, the warranty is limited to one Year
- Dickson Fabric Warranty is a 8 year Fully Pro-Rated fabric
- Vari-Valance, Vari-Pitch components and crank handles have a warranty limited to two years
- Installation and the electrical hook-up, if done by Accent, carries a warranty limited to five years
- Adjustment to or replacement of nuts, bolts, plastic caps, etc. is limited to a period of two years
- Powder coating is warranted against excessive peeling for a period of two years
What We Will Pay For
We will pay for factory labor and materials the required to repair or replace items during the warranty period. Pro-Rated warranty is a portion thereof.
State Law Rights
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so the above exclusions or limitations may not apply to you. This warranty applies without any registration and is only valid to the original purchaser and/or home owner.
Santa Ana, California 92705
714/ 708.1386 ◊ 714/ 708.1399, Fax
CA Contractor Lic.# 700678
San Diego, CA 92126
858/ 621.6300 ◊ 858/ 621.6333, Fax
CA Contractor Lic.# 700678